We are seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer who is proficient at managing projects, testing engineers and testers, with a focus on delivering high-quality products. As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be a quality champion. You will empower the Engineering team to maintain a high level of quality in our products with a large amount of scope and impact on your role. Our approach to Quality Assurance involves a small, highly talented and leveraged team that focuses on manual testing, end to end testing, test strategy, and process improvements while working in an embedded manner with cross-functional engineering, product, and design teams.
JOB TYPE: Full-time (40 hours a week)
Excellent (near-native) written English is a requirement for this job
What we’re looking for:
- Dedication to quality and process improvement with a positive, collaborative attitude and approach to testing
- Experience working with native mobile applications (Android / iOS)
- Working knowledge of automated testing tools, unit test, and integration test best practices
- Experience working in a fast-paced, iterative software development environment
- Outstanding prioritization and time management skills
- Passion for helping digitize the restaurant industry
- Ability to iterate and problem solve quickly, driving accountability in oneself and others
- Someone who is excited to grow into their role and take on new responsibilities
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with product and engineering to ensure good code coverage for all new features and prevent bug regressions
- Triage and prioritize new bugs. Refer new bugs to the appropriate team/engineer. You will either write your own fixes or assist the engineer responsible for testing the proposed fix. As you become more confident with our codebase we will expect you to mostly contribute fixes.
- Continuously expand our suite of automated unit and integration tests. Become an expert on testing tools and libraries. Continuously optimize our automated test suite for performance.
- Review requirements and provide knowledgeable feedback to ensure they are thorough and detailed
- Establish best practices for QA across projects
- Provide feedback to Product and Engineering team on product usability, functionality, and quality
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA process
- Competitive salary compensation based on experience
- Permanent contract
- Payment in US Dollars