About PartnerHero: PartnerHero builds dedicated Customer Service & Customer Experience teams for some of the world’s best and most beloved technology companies, from Silicon Valley and beyond. We are not your average “call center” — we provide amazing jobs to amazing people and invest heavily in their professional growth and development. Read about our Core Values at https://partnerhero.com/who
About You: We’re looking for experienced, empathetic Customer Service professionals to support the customers of a new healthcare startup that is revolutionizing the way that small and medium-sized businesses provide benefits to their customers. You will be part of the “Member Advocacy” team and crucial part of this dynamic, innovative company’s operation.
- Type: Full time with benefits and paid time off
- Support Channels: Email, Chat, Voice, SMS (Omnichannel)
- Hours: 9-6 Mountain Time, Monday-Friday
- Location: Work from our beautiful office in downtown Boise
- Level: Level 2, meaning we are looking for someone with above-average customer service skills (we also have entry-level roles available)
What you will do
- Assist providers (physicians, physical therapists, medical centers, etc.) in answering their questions about member policies and their associated plan coverages. Candidates should be comfortable speaking to physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, and medical office staff.
- Decipher member medical claims, Explanation of Benefits, Summary of Benefits, Schedule of Medical Benefits, and associated billing details to explain and provide accurate out-of-pocket costs, deductibles, co-insurance, co-pays, limitations and exclusions, etc.
- Confidently and seamlessly refer members to program strategic partners for vision, dental, and pharmacy coverage and claims.
- Protect member PHI (Personal Health Information) in accordance with program rules and government regulatory compliance (HIPPA, etc.).
- Provide accurate and easy-to-understand guidance in the complex world of health insurance and employer benefits across multiple channels (phone, text, chat, and email).
- Help new customers with their onboarding, making sure members understand the available health plan options and steps to enroll.
- Assist members with issues around their care journey - whether it’s finding a provider, helping with claims issues, or referring them to expert clinical care managers.
- Give feedback to the product team about common member pain points & feature requests so they can design better experiences.
- Escalate issues to the partner HQ in Austin, Texas as directed.
- Various administrative tasks related to the customer experience as well as special projects as assigned.
- Generally strive to make sure members feel taken care of and love this service.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of customer service experience.
- Amazing written & verbal communicator (please use your application to show this off).
- Comfortable with modern web applications.
- Values-oriented. You care about making our healthcare system work better for people and business owners.
- Gritty. You aren’t worried about getting your hands dirty and working hard when you need to.
- Comfortable with change. We are a startup and need people who are okay doing things outside of their traditional job description.
- Critical Thinker. You're comfortable reviewing a problem from multiple angles and have the critical thinking skills to identify a solution and recommended remedy. You can trust and rely on the resources that are available and can move forward in challenging situations. You don't require constant supervision, guidance, and hand-holding to find the solution to a problem.
- Empathy. You have the emotional intelligence to recognize when a member is going through a difficult situation and can demonstrate and offer genuine empathy when appropriate.
- Flexible and can wear multiple hats. We need associates who can easily shift when a challenge or problem arises. We need someone who is flexible and can easily tackle one task and process one day, and easily tackle a new task and process the next.
- Ability to Get Stuff Done with Little Direction. You need to be a self starter and someone who independently can manage your spare time, master your craft, and build momentum in your role.
- Ability to Listen and Accept Feedback with few Metrics or KPI's (Key Performance Indicators). As a startup we're constantly growing, changing, learning, and sharing feedback with or without metrics or reports. This means we're constantly trying new things, implementing new processes, sharing informal/formal feedback, etc. This organized chaos should be something that excites and motivates you!
Extra points for:
- Degree or work experience in social work or healthcare
- Some knowledge of healthcare and/or insurance benefits