PartnerHero helps some of the best startups in the world to build globally distributed teams of customer service professionals. We have employees all over the globe, and now we’re building a new base of operations in Manila!
We’re looking for an amazing HR / People Operations Manager to help us run operations in Manila. This is an exciting opportunity because you’ll be helping us build a new segment of our business from the ground up. As the HR / People Operations representative in Manila, you’ll handle a variety of administrative duties for the hub of our growing operations in the APAC. Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication, and safety. You will also play the role of local payroll specialist until we hire people to focus on those functions full-time.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Our new office in Manila (we work from a co-working space)
HOURS: Monday to Friday
LANGUAGES: English (fluent)
About PartnerHero: We aren’t your average outsourcing company. In fact, we hesitate to call it outsourcing at all. It’s more accurate to say that we’re a startup that helps other startups build highly capable remote teams to manage their growth. We only hire dedicated individuals who are ready to grow professionally and take pride in representing our partners. We’re equally committed to our team members as they are to us. PartnerHero is a culture of mutual empowerment where every employee has many opportunities for professional development. Learn more at www.partnerhero.com
- Coordinate with our global People Operations team to determine office policies and procedures
- Serve as a primary point of contact and advocate for our Manila and APAC zone associates on People Ops related matters, including but not limited to the administration of policies, benefits, processes, payroll, employee handbook, guidelines, and resources
- Be an advocate for all associates by fairly and consistently resolving issues in a timely and positive manner. Handle employee relations issues in a manner that is aligned with company policy, local law, and that supports PartnerHero culture
- Manage the day to day activities related to employee lifecycle transitions and benefits within the global company standards.
- Support wellness initiatives and lead and document focus groups, skip level 1:1’s and other tools that enable transparent open communication channels as well as employee engagement.
- Lead conflict resolution conversations, as well as providing coaching and tools for leaders and associates on this matter.
- Support the Learning and Development initiatives for the Manila Hub by leading workshops, identifying talent and guiding associates on development roadmaps
- Support the recruitment team in Manila hiring needs, such as Open House, interview process and on-boarding.
- Manage and update employee records utilizing our HRIS system
- Develop and lead company-wide programs, events, and initiatives
- Collaborate with team members to develop, document and implement new programs and processes
- Manage payroll of Manila employees
- Take a proactive stance in making sure our Manila hub is operating smoothly, raising issues and bringing ideas to our People Operations team frequently
- Provides coaching and guidance to managers and leaders around all aspects of performance management, including career calibration, peer insights, and development plans.
- 5+ years of experience in different HR Leadership Roles
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Experience doing payroll for Filipino companies
- Deep understanding of Philippines labor law
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and proactive approach to work
- Strong-willed (you get things done) but also kind-hearted (you’re empathetic and easy to work with)
- Tech-savvy (you are equally versed in MS Office, Google Suite, and Slack; you know how to troubleshoot technical issues related to hardware, software, and internet connections)
- The desire to stretch yourself and learn new skills
- Excitement about absorbing and contributing to PartnerHero’s dynamic startup culture!
We provide our Heroes with:
- A competitive salary, with compensation based on experience
- Occasional trips to one of our offices around the world
- The opportunity to join a dynamic community of Heroes across the globe!