PartnerHero helps some of the best startups in the world build globally distributed teams of customer service professionals. We’re currently looking for an amazing HR Generalist to help us run operations for our growing office in Berlin. As the HR representative in Berlin, you’ll handle a variety of administrative duties for the central hub of our growing operations in Europe. Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety.
JOB TYPE: Part-time
LOCATION: Berlin (we work from a co-working space)
LANGUAGES: German (fluent) and English (fluent)
About PartnerHero: We aren’t your average outsourcing company. We only hire dedicated individuals who are ready to grow professionally and take pride in representing our clients. We’re equally committed to our team members as they are to us. PartnerHero is a culture of mutual empowerment where every employee has many opportunities for professional development.
- Coordinate with our global People Operations team to determine office policies and procedures
- Manage bookkeeping & payroll of German employees
- Manage the G&A budget for the office, ensuring timely, accurate reporting, managing AP, and controlling petty cash
- Be the driving force behind every aspect of office operations, including: office maintenance, managing couriers and correspondence, maintaining supplies and equipment, and paying for services
- As needed, run or coordinate errands
- Schedule meetings and appointments for team members and visitors
- Acquire and assign equipment to local team members, and install software on laptops
- Provide light IT support, including software installation and troubleshooting hardware, software, and network issues
- Coordinate in-office and local events
- Take a proactive stance in making sure our European hub is operating smoothly, raising issues and bringing ideas to our People Operations leaders frequently
- Perform other Office Operations and People Operations duties as needed
- 2+ years of experience as an office manager or a comprehensive administrative manager
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Experience managing inventory systems, budgets, and accounts payable or receivable
- Experience doing payroll for German companies
- Desirable knowledge in German labor law
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and German
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and proactive approach to work
- Strong-willed (you get things done) but also kind-hearted (you’re empathetic and easy to work with)
- Tech-savvy (you are equally versed in MS Office, Google Suite, and Slack; you know how to troubleshoot technical issues related to hardware, software, and internet connections)
- The desire to stretch yourself and learn new skills
- Excitement about absorbing and contributing to PartnerHero’s culture!
We provide our Heroes with:
- A competitive salary, with compensation based on experience
- Free access to online courses that will help you develop new professional skills
- Occasional trips to one of our offices around the world
- The opportunity to join a dynamic community of Heroes across the globe!